Zerofit Base Layers Review [Ultimate, Move, Leggings, Hoodie]
When it comes to spending time outdoors in cold and windy conditions, having the right clothing is essential. Zerofit, a renowned Japanese-based company, offers a range of base layers that promise to meet the diverse needs of outdoor enthusiasts. In this review, we will take a closer look at Zerofit's Heatrub line, specifically the Ultimate and Move (Mock) base layers. We will also explore the Heatrub Move Hoodie and Leggings to provide a comprehensive overview of Zerofit's base layer offerings.
The Importance of Base Layers
Before diving into the specifics of Zerofit's base layers, it's important to understand the role of base layers in cold weather attire. Layering is a commonly recommended strategy to stay comfortable in varying temperatures. However, too many layers can make you feel bulky and restrict your movement. Additionally, excessive layering can lead to sweating and overheating. Zerofit aims to address these concerns by offering breathable, thin, and flexible base layers that provide warmth without compromising comfort.
Zerofit Heatrub Ultimate: The Perfect Baselayer
The Zerofit Heatrub Ultimate base layer stands out as an excellent choice for colder weather conditions. According to Zerofit, it offers twice the warmth of a sweater and up to five times the warmth of a standard baselayer, thanks to its high Clo rating. The Clo rating measures the thermal insulation of clothing, with higher values indicating greater insulation. To put it in perspective, a business suit provides 1 Clo of insulation, while Zerofit's Ultimate base layer boasts a Clo rating of 0.74.
Understanding the Clo Rating
To better understand the significance of the Clo rating, let's take a closer look at its implications. Without any clothing, a person experiences a Clo value of 0.1, which is equivalent to sitting comfortably in a 70-degree room with minimal air movement. Comparatively, a thick turtleneck long-sleeve sweater has a Clo rating of 0.37, and a parka typically has a Clo rating of 0.70. Zerofit's Ultimate base layer surpasses both of these ratings, making it an exceptional choice for colder temperatures.
Zerofit Heatrub Move [Mock]: Versatile and Comfortable
For milder weather conditions, the Zerofit Heatrub Move (Mock) base layer is an excellent option. It shares the same innovative materials as the Ultimate base layer but offers a lighter and more flexible design. The Move (Mock) base layer maintains optimal breathability, ensuring comfort even in relatively warmer temperatures. When the temperature ranges from the 40s and above, the Move (Mock) base layer proves to be an ideal choice.
A Comparison with Other Materials
While Zerofit claims that their base layers outperform traditional materials, it's important to consider the specifics of the comparison. Unfortunately, the exact material used in the comparison with the thick turtleneck long-sleeve sweater is not disclosed. However, users have reported a noticeable difference when switching between the Move (Mock) and Ultimate base layers, particularly in temperatures below freezing. Individual preferences, weather conditions, and activity levels play a role in determining the most suitable base layer for each person.
Choosing the Right Base Layer for Different Temperatures
Selecting the appropriate base layer depends on personal preferences and the prevailing weather conditions. Zerofit's Ultimate base layer provides superior warmth and is recommended for temperatures in the 30s and lower. On the other hand, the Move (Mock) base layer offers optimal comfort when temperatures are in the 40s and above. It's important to note that both base layers are meant to be worn under a lightly insulated winter jacket as the top layer.
Zerofit Heatrub Move Hoodie: Extra Warmth and Coverage
In addition to the base layers, Zerofit offers the Heatrub Move Hoodie. This pullover hoodie is constructed with the same high-quality material as the Move (Mock) base layer. The Move Hoodie features handwarmer pockets, a drawstring hood, and an embroidered Zerofit chest logo. It provides excellent fit and extra length in the body, ensuring coverage of the lower back for added warmth and protection against the cold.
Zerofit Leggings: Keeping the Lower Extremities Warm
Zerofit's Leggings offer the same level of thermal insulation as the Ultimate Move (Mock) turtleneck. These leggings are specifically designed to keep the lower extremities warm during cold-weather activities, such as motorcycle riding. With their comfortable fit and soft, stretchy flexibility, the leggings can be worn under insulated pants without hindering movement.
Durability and Care Instructions
Zerofit's base layer materials are constructed to withstand regular use. Despite deliberate attempts to stress the seams, no failures occurred, indicating their durability and quality. The base layers are also machine washable and can be tumble dried, providing convenience in terms of care and maintenance.
Zerofit's Heatrub base layers, including the Ultimate and Move (Mock) options, offer a compelling combination of warmth, comfort, and versatility. Whether you're facing extreme cold or milder temperatures, Zerofit's base layers are designed to meet your needs. With the Heatrub Move Hoodie and Leggings complementing the lineup, Zerofit provides a comprehensive range of base layer options for outdoor enthusiasts.
1. How do Zerofit base layers compare to other brands? Zerofit base layers stand out for their innovative materials and exceptional thermal insulation. While individual preferences may vary, Zerofit's base layers offer a competitive edge in terms of warmth, comfort, and flexibility.
2. Can Zerofit base layers be worn for activities other than outdoor sports? Absolutely! Zerofit base layers are designed to cater to a wide range of activities. Whether you're engaged in outdoor sports, hiking, or simply enjoying a walk in chilly weather, Zerofit base layers provide the necessary warmth and comfort.
3. Are Zerofit base layers suitable for extreme cold weather? Yes, Zerofit's Ultimate base layer is particularly well-suited for extreme cold weather conditions. With its high Clo rating and advanced materials, it offers superior thermal insulation to keep you warm even in freezing temperatures.
4. How do I determine the right size for Zerofit base layers? Zerofit base layers are designed to provide a snug fit. It is recommended to consult the sizing chart provided by Zerofit and measure yourself accurately to ensure the perfect fit.
5. Where can I purchase Zerofit base layers? Zerofit base layers can be purchased directly from Zerofit's official website at zerofitusa.com. They may also be available at select retail stores specializing in outdoor apparel and sporting goods.