And No. 1 on his list? Get a Zerofit Baselayer!
He’s been relying on our Zerofit Heatrub Ultimate Baselayer, Ultimate Leggings, Ultimate Socks and Thermal Beanie since 2022 and alongside his writing work, Des has a Live Facebook Show every Friday night, broadcast to an audience of more than 25,000 on the social media platform.
‘I wish I’d had Zerofit a few years ago when I went 200 miles in to the Arctic Circle, it was minus 25, minus 18 when we were fishing. Zerofit is at a price that anyone can afford and that buys them the very best,' says Des.
Over the years, I’ve used good baselayers, I had one from Germany, one from Norway and they were brilliant. Zerofit is at a new level, it’s the best of the best. If you want to be warm this winter, then get yourself a Zerofit baselayer,' he adds.
Winter Fishing Tips!
- I always wear Zerofit under garments, hat and socks for they are the best I have used in 50 years of fishing.
- Don’t think too much about the weather by studying the TV and weather Apps because if you try and find that perfect day you will end up going fishing only a few times a year. Just wrap up warm and go.
- Wear quality thermal boots.
- Take a flask of hot water so you can make hot coffee, tea or soup much better than a hip flask full of strong alcohol which in fact takes your body temperature down.
- Tie a long nylon rope to a strong dog spike and this makes the perfect kit for screwing into the bank above where you are fishing and make it a lot easier to get down and pull yourself up from the swim in wet conditions.
- Watch those fallen leaves on the narrow roads down to your venue for they can be as dangerous as ice under foot or trying to stop quickly in the car.
- Use smaller baits and less bulk baits like groundbait.
- I use fluorocarbon hook lengths in the clear waters of winter for most of my fishing.
- Remember to try and fish on a water temperature that is steady or rising not on one that is falling.
- Livebaits like maggots and worms will out fish any bait in the winter even for the biggest of fish.